Membership is the life blood of our existence. The greater the representation of our industry we can gain, the stronger our Institute will be.
There are primarily four reasons why individuals join IRHACE:
- To gain access to those who influence the laws and regulations that governs our industry, such as government.
- To gain recognition in the industry to assist career fulfilment.
- To have a forum to up skill knowledge in industry related forums such as presentations, trade nights and workshops.
- To gain access to others involved in the industry through networking opportunities provided in the form of conferences, committee participation and social events.
- A subscription to the IRHACE Journal which contains technical papers, new products plus industry related advertisements, branch activities and industry news.
- Through our affiliation with ASHRAE, IRHACE members are able to purchase ASHRAE publications at ASHRAE member prices. Use this form.
- Members receive a complimentary copy of the HVAC Hygiene Best Practice Guideline
- Monitoring of trade policy matters including tariffs, concessions, CER, the Fair Trading Act, Commerce Act etc.
- Submissions to the government, such as the Emissions Trading Scheme and inquest into the Tamahere disaster.
- Liaison with government ministers and departments.
Regional branches hold committee meetings, product forums, site visits, seminars and social events; these are organised for members within their region. Member Updates are distributed to members to keep them informed of upcoming events and local issues.
However, you do not need to be a member to sign up to the HVAC&R Industry Newsletter. This goes out at the beginning of the month and contains industry news, updates, events and training. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time. However, we'd love to keep you up to date with what is happening, and invite you to join our mailing list.